Golfer insoles: What are they and why do you need them?
Golfer insoles are supposed to be comfortable because players spend a lot of time on their feet. Most people are not usually satisfied with the insoles found in original shoes. So they end up buying new ones so that they can play better and achieve comfort.
Who should wear insoles?
It is not uncommon for persons who walk long distances to require shoes that provide extra cushioning. Golfers who experience discomfort while playing should consider buying new insoles. Here are several reasons why you need to purchase comfortable insoles.
- · Feet with low and flat arches are usually at risk of rolling over. If you suffer any discomfort because of low arches, you need to look for golfer insoles that have arch support as well as a rigid base.
- · However uncommon, medium arches usually benefit from cushioned insoles and moderate support.
- · Persons with high arches usually have difficulties balancing their feet because pressure is put on their balls and heels. An insole with flexible, cushioned arch support should be chosen in this instance as it allows the arches to relax and distributes the weight evenly.
Types of insoles
Insoles give golfers a better stance and keep their bodies aligned thus improving performance. There are different types of golfer insoles, they include;
1. Memory foam- This is a soft material that gives players instant comfort since it molds the shape of their feet. However, this insole does not provide a long term solution because it gets flattened over time.
2. Gel- This material cushions the feet and helps in absorbing impact thus protecting your bones. The gel found in the heel makes standing for a long time bearable.
3. Foam- Foam insoles offer soft cushioning but give little support. They are mostly used with ill-fitting shoes.
4. Heated- This insole keeps the feet warm thus soothing aches brought on by prolonged periods of standing.
5. Leather- These are ideal if you are looking for hardwearing insoles. They slowly mold to the shape of your feet thus giving you support. However, they lack cushioning.
Reasons for wearing golfer insoles
Since everyone’s feet differ in size and shape, insoles that are comfortable for one person might feel uncomfortable for others. Consequently, people wear them for different reasons. The most common reasons include; comfort, support, weight transfer and odor control. By creating a breathable layer beneath the foot, insoles aid in controlling foot odor. They also help golfers in distributing their weight evenly.
Learn More About:
Top of Foot Pain
Golf Swing Basics
Golf Driving Ranges
How to Fix a Slice
The Perfect Golf Swing
Square to Square Golf Swing
Pro Golf Discount